Why Rogers Capital
At Rogers Capital, we understand that every business is unique. We design bespoke insurance and risk solutions which afford our business partners the opportunity to focus on their core activities. Moving up the risk ladder, the reality of the market is that capacity is a recurrent issue for specialized risks, let alone the existence of such a market.
Main benefits of a captive are:
- Premium cost reduction
- Coverage of difficult to insure risks
- Control and management of risks
- Source of profit
What is a Captive?
A captive is an insurance company whose main business purpose is to insure the risks of its owners and affiliated companies. The main benefits of a captive are:
Our team of experts advises clients on insurance related matters and provides them with valuable insights on their risk exposure. Where our assessment reveals any gap in terms of risk coverage, we guide, design and accompany our clients in their choice and implementation of insurance structures and programs most suited to their business specificities.
Set up of Insurance Structures:
These structures are transparent and very lean in their design. They provide a very effective platform through which risks can be sourced out to the ultimate risk carriers on the international market. Typical examples of structures that we offer include:
- Insurance / Reinsurance companies
- Insurance / Reinsurance Brokers
- Lloyds Coverholders
- Insurance Linked Securities (ILS)
- Other special purpose vehicles
Licensing of Structures:
All structures that we set up are duly regulated by the Financial Services Commission, the Mauritian regulator for the non-banking financial services. Our clients benefit from our hands-on experience throughout the licensing process where we provide assistance in respect of:
- Setting up a new legal entity that will provide the risk transfer platform
- Seeking a licence from the regulator for the entity to operate – our involvement extends to satisfying the licensing requirements in terms of undertaking a feasibility study, designing an insurance programme, preparing a business plan and submitting the relevant statutory forms.
Management of Insurance Structures
Managing such specialized structures requires seasoned cross functional professionals that we, at Rogers Capital, have brought under one roof. The team provides all of the administrative and operational support required to set up and run these specialized vehicles. Our services include:
- Policy documentation
- Premium administration and claims handling
- Liaison with business partners (reinsurers/brokers/legal advisors/actuaries, etc.)
- Corporate administration, company secretarial and corporate governance
- Banking and investments